The CNM Natural Chef Cooking Course Diploma
The CNM Natural Chef diploma course is a three-part course covering everything you need to know to become a successful CNM Natural Chef, from how the digestive system works, to building a culinary career! CNM’s Natural Chef training consists of 520 hours of life–changing education including the 100 hours internship in an external kitchen.
CNM’s Natural Chef training has been developed to meet the growing demands of a society increasingly interested in food that supports and promotes health.
CNM Natural Chef students are taught to prepare delicious gourmet meals that focus on nutritional value. Whole, organic, fresh, and minimally-processed foods are procured in season. As no single dietary regime is appropriate for everyone, we teach how individualised food can enhance health.
Become an experienced Natural Chef and learn:
- How the Body works (understand how food is digested and utilised).
- Nutrition and Health (how food influences health and wellbeing).
- Food combining, pantry essentials, and food safety.
- Energetics of Food (what food is best for what type and condition).
- Flavour, taste, preparation, and presentation.
- Essential kitchen techniques (how to prepare food to get best nutrition out of it).
- Recipe costing and scaling.
- Therapeutic menu planning and writing.
- Food therapeutics (what are the best foods for which condition).
- Business and building a career as a Natural Chef.
Part 1: How the Body Works
Understand in this course How the Body Works, a prerequisite for any good chef.
Learn how and where digestion occurs, what organs digestion supports and what effect poor digestion has on the immune system, brain function, thyroid, hormonal health and overall energy and wellbeing.
One can’t be a real chef not knowing how the body works.
Part 2: Nutrition for Everyday Living
Study on this course what good nutrition is as the Natural Chef is preparing food for health.
Food is the main source of energy for the body to function well and stay healthy. Hippocrates said: Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food. It is vital for Natural Chefs to understand what the best food sources are, how to combine food correctly, to use oils so not to damage cells, what spices, herbs and superfoods support digestion, the role of detox and how different constitutions and life stages have different dietary needs. The athlete needs other foods as the child, the sick, the menopausal women or the elderly. Food should always taste good, look great, but most importantly be of the highest possible nutritious value to nourish the body, stay and get well.
One can’t be a real chef not to understand Nutrition.
Part 3: Natural Chef Training
140 hours in the kitchen and 160 hours of home assignments.
Leading Natural Chefs will teach you essential cooking techniques. You’ll also learn methods for sourcing quality ingredients, culinary business principles, and the art of healthful cooking.
Natural Chef Training is comprised of five modules:
- Food safety and sanitation
- Macro and micro nutrients
- Types of diets (vegan, vegetarian, raw, cooked, paleo, etc.)
- Flavour and taste
- Recipe writing and culinary maths
- Best sources of food and ingredients
- Energetics of food
- Kitchen equipment, knife skills
- Cooking, grilling, steaming, and baking
- Sprouting, juicing, and fermenting
- Food presentation and plating
- Food photography and composition
- Stocks, broths, sauces and stews
- Best sources of proteins
- Grains, pulses, nuts and seeds
- Culinary herbs, spices and superfoods
- Juices, smoothies, herbal infusions
- Alternatives to sugar, table salt, dairy, gluten and soya
- Therapeutic menu writing
- Meal planning
- Food therapeutics
- Food to support organ systems
- How to build a successful culinary career
- PR and marketing strategies
- Business planning
CNM Natural Chef holds the ICSA certification from the Independent Cookery School Association.
Graduates are eligible to join the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP) upon qualification.
College of Naturopathic Medicine is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
The CNM Natural Chef qualification can open doors to a variety of careers. Options include becoming a Natural Chef in a restaurant, health café, or spa; working as a personal chef, or developing your own healthy catering or food business.
From cooking instructor, product developer, food and recipe writer, or cookbook author, to educating clients and businesses on how to prepare natural foods, the possibilities are endless.
“I have found the Natural Chef course to be all I hoped it would be and much more. I am amazed that not even half way through my course I am able to cook recipes to a high standard. I love the variation of different lecturer’s that we have. I love cooking in this team environment and get so excited by all the different food types we cook with. It’s been eye opening. I am so grateful for the support CNM offers and really enjoy the friendly, helpful learning environment.”
Susanne Noakes, CNM Natural Chef student
Location and Directions
CNM Natural Chef, 25 Percy Circus, London WC1X 9EU
The College of Naturopathic Medicine is located in Central London, with great Tube & train transportation links:
St Pancras Station: 10 mins on foot.
Kings Cross: 10 mins on foot.
Euston: 10 mins via tube.
Farringdon: 15 mins via tube.