CNM’s Accredited Online Natural Chef Course
CNM has more than 25 years’ experience in natural health education.
Students are able to graduate as a Natural Chef wherever they are by studying online thanks to the newly developed Online Natural Chef training.
The 9-12 month Naturopathic Chef Diploma Course has been designed to allow students who can’t attend classes at the London campus to study from the comfort of their home. CNM’s accredited online course enables students to fit study around their work schedules and personal commitments.
The course consists of three components:
- Filmed theory lectures and comprehensive handouts.
- Video practical demonstrations and recipes.
- Online tutorials, written and visual assignments.
Online Course Overview
Location: Online, wherever you are worldwide.
Length of Study: 9-12 months, 520 hours, part-time.
How the Body Works: 60 hours online.
Nutrition for Everyday Living: 60 hours online.
Kitchen: 140 hours + 160 hours home assignments.
Internship: 120 hours online and in locations of your choice.
CNM Diploma: Dip. Natural Chef.
Become a Natural Chef Online
Studying Natural Chef online at CNM couldn’t be easier. With CNM’s cutting-edge online learning platform, study guide, comprehensive training material and additional resources, students have everything they need to successfully complete their Natural Chef training.
- Up-to-date training material written by industry experts.
- Filmed lectures delivered by highly experienced practitioners.
- Detailed handouts and notes to accompany each lecture.
- On-demand lectures which can be accessed 24/7 on CNM’s student portal.
- Supportive lecturers and supervisors to answer your questions.
- Mini-quizzes and written and visual assignments (no exams on course).
- Connect with your course colleagues online to share ideas and support each other.
Part 1: How the Body Works
Understanding how the body functions, the digestive and immune systems and the gut brain axis. How food, environment and lifestyle affect the body on a cellular level. Knowing when to refer to a specialist.
Part 2: Nutrition for Everyday Living
Food choices and how the nutritional values of individual foods impact our immunity, cognitive abilities and energy levels, is the focus of CNM’s classroom-based Short Course in Nutrition for Every Day Living (NEDL).
If you are already qualified in Biomedicine or Nutrition you can seek an exemption from these parts of the course.
Part 3: Natural Chef Training
140 hours in your home kitchen and 160 hours home assignments
Leading Natural Chefs will teach you essential cooking techniques. You’ll also learn methods for sourcing quality ingredients, culinary business principles, and the art of healthful cooking.
Natural Chef Training is comprised of five modules:
- Food safety and sanitation
- Macro and micro nutrients
- Types of diets (vegan, vegetarian, raw, cooked, paleo, etc.)
- Flavour and taste
- Recipe writing and culinary maths
- Best sources of food and ingredients
- Energetics of food
- Kitchen equipment, knife skills
- Cooking, grilling, steaming, and baking
- Sprouting, juicing, and fermenting
- Food presentation and plating
- Food photography and composition
- Stocks, broths, sauces and stews
- Best sources of proteins
- Grains, pulses, nuts and seeds
- Culinary herbs, spices and superfoods
- Juices, smoothies, herbal infusions
- Alternatives to sugar, table salt, dairy, gluten and soya
- Therapeutic menu writing
- Meal planning
- Food therapeutics
- Food to support organ systems
- How to build a successful culinary career
- PR and marketing strategies
- Business planning
Regular Online Tutorials
Online students are supported throughout the course with tutorials and ongoing help from lecturers. During the tutorials, students have the opportunity to ask questions, get assistance with assignments and gain a deeper insight into the topics they are studying.
- Group tutorials via Zoom to cover a range of topics and course material.
- Interactive activities to support your learning experience.
- Access to industry resources and tools including research databases, journals, webinars and data from journals and webinars.
- Unlimited email contact with the course leader and tutors should you need assistance or additional resources.
Measurable Study Progress
Exams and assignments are an important part of the online Natural Chef course. They are used to measure study progress and enable students to keep on track.
In addition to this, online Natural Chef students also undertake:
- Mini quizzes at the end of each unit to reinforce learning.
- Ongoing assessments including food preparation assessments.
- Submission of all assignments at the end of each module.
- Creation of your business plan helping you to start your business right after graduation.
Online Natural Chef Training
What sets CNM apart from other chef training is that our students first study how food is digested and processed in the body, how other organs such as the liver, pancreas, kidneys and the lymph flow are affecting nutrition and absorption of nutrients. Students then study Nutrition; how to combine food correctly to avoid adverse body reactions; what the best foods are to manage weight, gain energy and support certain health conditions. CNM’s Natural Chef training follows Hippocrates’ philosophy: “Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food”.
To supervise student progress, students are regular assessed online, until they have proven to have all the Chef skills needed to become a successful Natural Chef. With the support of an experienced Natural Chef tutor, the Natural Chef Online Diploma teaches students the skills and knowledge that can be transferred to a culinary setting for a career in food. Learning core chef techniques through observation of our Natural Chef experts will teach students the fundamentals on their journey to becoming competent chefs.
The Natural Chef Internship
- The internship can be completed at a variety of locations.
- You have the flexibility to pick and choose when you do your internship so it fits around your personal and work schedule.
- Internships can be done during the week or at the weekend, either on a weekly basis or in intensive blocks.
CNM Natural Chef holds the ICSA certification from the Independent Cookery School Association.
Graduates are eligible to join the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP) upon qualification.
The College of Naturopathic Medicine is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
The CNM Natural Chef qualification can open doors to a variety of careers. Options include becoming a Natural Chef in a restaurant, health café, or spa; working as a personal chef; or developing your own healthy catering or food business.
From cooking instructor, product developer, food and recipe writer, or cookbook author, to educating clients and businesses on how to prepare natural foods, the possibilities are endless.