Become an Experienced Vegan Natural Chef
Become an Experienced Vegan Natural Chef
The CNM Vegan Natural Chef Diploma Course
The CNM Vegan Natural Chef diploma course is a three-part course covering everything you need to know to become a successful CNM Vegan Natural Chef, from how the digestive system works, to building a culinary career! CNM’s Vegan Natural Chef training consists of 520 hours of life–changing education including the 100 hours internship in an external kitchen.
CNM’s Vegan Natural Chef training has been developed to meet the growing demands of a society increasingly interested in food that supports and promotes health.
CNM Vegan Natural Chef students are taught to prepare delicious gourmet meals that focus on nutritional value. Whole, organic, fresh, and minimally-processed foods are procured in season. As no single dietary regime is appropriate for everyone, we teach how individualised food can enhance health.
Location: In-class ( London )
Length of Study: 9 – 12 months, 520 hours, part-time
How the Body Works: 60 hours
Nutrition for Every Day Living: 60 hours
Kitchen: 140 hours + 160 hours home assignments
Internship: 100 hours
CNM Diploma: Dip. Natural Chef
Become an experienced Vegan Natural Chef and learn:
- How the Body works (understand how food is digested and utilised).
- Nutrition and Health (how food influences health and wellbeing).
- Food combining, pantry essentials, and food safety.
- Energetics of Food (what food is best for what type and condition).
- Flavour, taste, preparation, and presentation.
- Essential kitchen techniques (how to prepare food to get best nutrition out of it).
- Recipe costing and scaling.
- Therapeutic menu planning and writing.
- Food therapeutics (what are the best foods for which condition).
- What is truly vegan and what is not.
- Business and building a career as a Natural Chef.
Part 1 – How the Body Works
Understanding how the body functions, the digestive and immune systems and the gut brain axis. How food, environment and lifestyle affect the body on a cellular level. Knowing when to refer to a specialist.
Part 2 – Nutrition for Every Day Living
Food choices and how the nutritional values of individual foods impact our immunity, cognitive abilities and energy levels, is the focus of CNM’s classroom-based Short Course in Nutrition for Every Day Living (NEDL).
If you are already qualified in Biomedicine or Nutrition you can seek an exemption from these parts of the course.
Part 3 – Chef Training
140 hours in the kitchen, and 160 hours home assignments
Leading Natural Chefs will teach you essential cooking techniques. You’ll also learn methods for sourcing quality ingredients, culinary business principles, and the art of healthful cooking.
Vegan Natural Chef Training is comprised of five modules:
- Food safety and sanitation
- Macro & micro nutrients
- Flavour, taste, preparation and presentation
- How to create a healthy balanced vegan diet
- Recipe writing and culinary maths
- Best sources of food and ingredients
- Energetics of food
- Kitchen equipment, knife skills
- Cooking, grilling, steaming, dehydrating, baking
- Sprouting, juicing, fermenting
- Master vegan sauces and stews
- Use seasonal ingredients in an imaginative way
- Work with tofu and tempeh
- Vegetables, salads, fruits, grains, nuts and seeds
- Raw and not so raw, culinary herbs and spices
- Beverages, superfoods, food combination
- Alternatives to sugar, table salt, dairy, gluten, soya
Food for Health
- Therapeutic menu writing and planning
- Foods that support organ systems
- Food therapeutics
- Deliciously healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert
- PR/marketing strategies
- How to build a plant-based culinary career
- The law, accounts
CNM Natural Chef holds the ICSA certification from the Independent Cookery School Association
Graduates are eligible to join the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP) upon qualification
College of Naturopathic Medicine is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
The CNM Vegan Natural Chef Cooking Course qualification can open doors to a variety of careers. Options include becoming a Vegan Natural Chef in a restaurant or spa; working as a private or retreat chef, or developing your own healthy catering or food business.
From cooking instructor, product developer, food and recipe writer, or cookbook author, to educating clients and businesses on how to prepare natural foods, the possibilities are endless.
“ I’ve joined CNM’s Natural Chef Diploma Course. I believe with the further training and credibility that comes with the qualification, I can really take my skills and opportunities to the next level.”
Kelly Little, CNM Natural Chef Student
Location and Directions
CNM Natural Chef, 25 Percy Circus, London WC1X 9EU
The College of Naturopathic Medicine is located in Central London, with great Tube & train transportation links:
St Pancras Station: 10 mins on foot.
Kings Cross: 10 mins on foot.
Euston: 10 mins via tube.
Farringdon: 15 mins via tube.