Become an Experienced Vegan Natural Chef
Become an Experienced Vegan Natural Chef
The CNM Vegan Natural Chef Diploma Course
The CNM Vegan Natural Chef diploma course is a three-part course covering everything you need to know to become a successful CNM Vegan Natural Chef, from how the digestive system works, to building a culinary career! CNM’s Vegan Natural Chef training consists of 520 hours of life–changing education including the 100 hours internship in an external kitchen.
CNM’s Vegan Natural Chef training has been developed to meet the growing demands of a society increasingly interested in food that supports and promotes health.
CNM Vegan Natural Chef students are taught to prepare delicious gourmet meals that focus on nutritional value. Whole, organic, fresh, and minimally-processed foods are procured in season. As no single dietary regime is appropriate for everyone, we teach how individualised food can enhance health.
Location: In-class ( London )
Length of Study: 9 – 12 months, 520 hours, part-time
How the Body Works: 60 hours
Nutrition for Every Day Living: 60 hours
Kitchen: 140 hours + 160 hours home assignments
Internship: 100 hours
CNM Diploma: Dip. Natural Chef
Become an experienced Vegan Natural Chef and learn:
- How the Body works (understand how food is digested and utilised).
- Nutrition and Health (how food influences health and wellbeing).
- Food combining, pantry essentials, and food safety.
- Energetics of Food (what food is best for what type and condition).
- Flavour, taste, preparation, and presentation.
- Essential kitchen techniques (how to prepare food to get best nutrition out of it).
- Recipe costing and scaling.
- Therapeutic menu planning and writing.
- Food therapeutics (what are the best foods for which condition).
- What is truly vegan and what is not.
- Business and building a career as a Natural Chef.
Part 1: How the Body Works
Understand in this course How the Body Works, a prerequisite for any good chef.
Learn how and where digestion occurs, what organs digestion supports and what effect poor digestion has on the immune system, brain function, thyroid, hormonal health and overall energy and wellbeing.
One can’t be a real chef not knowing how the body works.
Part 2: Vegan Nutrition for Everyday Living
Study on this course what good nutrition is as the Natural Chef is preparing food for health.
Food is the main source of energy for the body to function well and stay healthy. Hippocrates said: Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food. It is vital for Natural Chefs to understand what the best food sources are, how to combine food correctly, to use oils so not to damage cells, what spices, herbs and superfoods support digestion, the role of detox and how different constitutions and life stages have different dietary needs. The athlete needs other foods as the child, the sick, the menopausal women or the elderly. Food should always taste good, look great, but most importantly be of the highest possible nutritious value to nourish the body, stay and get well.
One can’t be a real chef not to understand Nutrition.
Part 3: Natural Chef Training
140 hours in the kitchen and 160 hours of home assignments.
Leading Natural Chefs will teach you essential cooking techniques. You’ll also learn methods for sourcing quality ingredients, culinary business principles, and the art of healthful cooking.
Vegan Natural Chef Training is comprised of five modules:
- Kitchen equipment, knife skills
- Cooking, grilling, steaming, and baking
- Sprouting, juicing and fermenting
- Nut milks, vegan cheese
- Food presentation and plating
- Food photography and composition
- Vegan stocks, umami broths and sauces
- Grains, pulses, nuts and seeds
- Culinary herbs, spices and superfoods
- Therapeutic juices, smoothies, herbal infusions
- Plant proteins and whole food meat substitutes
- Alternatives to sugar, table salt, dairy, gluten and soya
- Therapeutic menu writing
- Meal planning
- Food therapeutics
- Food to support organ systems
- How to build a successful culinary career
- PR and marketing strategies
- Business planning
CNM Natural Chef holds the ICSA certification from the Independent Cookery School Association
Graduates are eligible to join the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP) upon qualification
College of Naturopathic Medicine is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
The CNM Vegan Natural Chef Cooking Course qualification can open doors to a variety of careers. Options include becoming a Vegan Natural Chef in a restaurant or spa; working as a private or retreat chef, or developing your own healthy catering or food business.
From cooking instructor, product developer, food and recipe writer, or cookbook author, to educating clients and businesses on how to prepare natural foods, the possibilities are endless.
“ I’ve joined CNM’s Natural Chef Diploma Course. I believe with the further training and credibility that comes with the qualification, I can really take my skills and opportunities to the next level.”
Kelly Little, CNM Natural Chef Student
Location and Directions
CNM Natural Chef, 25 Percy Circus, London WC1X 9EU
The College of Naturopathic Medicine is located in Central London, with great Tube & train transportation links:
St Pancras Station: 10 mins on foot.
Kings Cross: 10 mins on foot.
Euston: 10 mins via tube.
Farringdon: 15 mins via tube.