Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 2 tbsp soft coconut oil
- 135 grams gluten free oats
- 190 grams roughly chopped pecans
- 1 heaped teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped teaspoon of ground ginger
- 65 grams roughly chopped walnuts
- 75 grams pumpkin seeds
- 80 grams chia seeds
- 75 grams baked and mashed/puréed sweet potato
- 1/4 tsp ground mace
- 80 grams maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees for conventional or 140 degrees for fan assisted oven, and line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Add the oats, nuts and seeds to a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon, mace, salt and cloves to the bowl. Toss the mixture to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Add the coconut oil, sweet potato purée and maple syrup to a small pan over a gentle heat. Stir together until the oil has melted and the mixture is fully combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients, stirring well to ensure the mixture is evenly coated in the liquid.
- Tip the mixture out onto the lined oven tray and spread it evenly.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, turning frequently and breaking up any large clumps. The granola should be golden brown and fragrant, but be careful not to burn or the mixture will taste bitter.
- Allow to cool completely before serving with ice cold pecan or almond milk.
- To serve Ice cold pecan or almond milk