Cajun Spice Blend
Use the Cajun spice mix blended with the oil to spice up potato wedges or other veggies before you bake them. Or add to a cashew nut mayonnaise to make a spicy dip for pretty much anything.
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of onion powder
- 2 tsp of ground white pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 tbsp of grapeseed oil or light olive oil
- Mix all the spices together and then blend in a food processor so that you get a finer powder. Place the mix in an old spice jar, it should fit perfectly and can then be stored safely. If you are missing any of the herbs, it won’t be the end of the world to the end taste.
- Mix 4 tsp of the Cajun blend with 4 tbsp of light olive oil or grape seed oil thoroughly. You don’t want an oil with much natural flavour as the spices will overpower it anyway.
- This is a little bit on the spicy side so you will want to serve it with something cooling and fresh like a cucumber salad.
Recipe and photography by Ursula Lake (CNM Natural Chef graduate). Featured in The Vegan Lockdown Larder recipe book in support of the Trussell Trust.