Forest mushroom ragu
- 76 grams Portobello mushrooms
- 300 grams seasonal wild British mushrooms
- 60 grams dried porcini mushrooms
- 10 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large white onions
- 1 tsp each of thyme and oregano
- 2 sage leaf
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp organic red wine
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour or brown rice flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 25 grams flat leaf parsley
- Squeeze lemon
- Sea salt and pepper
- Soak dried mushrooms in hot water. Clean the mushrooms, compile the brocolli and polenta.
- Saute onion, set aside. Saute mushrooms, except dried ones, add thyme, oregano chilli flakes tomato puree and rehydrated dry mushrooms (reserve liquid) salt and pepper allow flavours to fuse.
- Add the flour, stir for few minutes, evenly incorporate. Add the onions back in. Pour half the dried mushroom liquid once thickened add the remaining constantly to avoid lumps. Once it has thickened gradually add the remaining mushroom liquid and stir, test taste and add lemon juice or salt and pepper. Put aside for later.
Polenta topped with mushrooms and gremolata. Tenderstem Broccoli on side. Allergens: none Source : this recipe is a CNM recipe that has been adapted