Need help to keep out the cold? One of the best ways we can help ourselves to feel warmer from within is to improve circulation through what we eat and drink. Spices such as cayenne, turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon and ginger, can warm our core body temperature. You can incorporate all these ingredients and enjoy their further health benefits by making yourself the following delicious and warming Golden Latte whenever you need to keep out the cold.
Servings: 2 people
- 500 ml almond milk (other nut milks or coconut milk is also nice, but rice milk is too thin for this recipe)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne (if you can handle the zing)
- raw honey to sweeten
- extra nutmeg to garnish
- Gently warm 'milk' in a small pot on the stove
- Add spices and mix through for 1 minute
- Pour into 2 mugs and sprinkle some extra nutmeg for garnish
- Add an optional teaspoon of raw honey to sweeten
CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients.