Macerated Pomegranate & Figs
There are brands we absolutely love here at CNM, and Willy’s is one of them. Here we use their delicious Aged Apple Balsamic Vinegar to create a smooth, deep flavour profile.Perfect for topping granola, yoghurt or vegan ice cream, these vitamin C rich macerated fruits are zesty, sweet and get better with time in a sealed jar in the fridge. Add for a tasty immune boost when you need it most!
- 125 g figs
- 100 g pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp local honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp fresh lemon zest
- ½ tsp Willy’s Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 large mint leaves, chiffonade
- Thickly slice the figs and add with the pomegranate seeds to a sterilised kilner jar
- In a bowl, mix the honey, lemon juice and zest, aged balsamic and mint leaves till well combined
- Pour the sweet and sour mixture over the fruits, then leave for at least an hour to marinade
- Will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge, getting tastier over time!
Source: Sam Hamrebtan