Mixed Berry Chia Jam
- 480 g frozen mixed fruit*
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- zest & juice of 1/2 a small lemon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the frozen fruit in a small saucepan and gently heat until not only thawed through but the fruit has begun to break down.
- Before the fruit turns into total mush, remove the saucepan from the heat, transfer the fruit mixture into a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Taste the fruit and add the maple syrup and lemon juice and zest to taste (more or less will be needed depending on the tartness of the fruit).
- Stir in the chia seeds, decant the mixture into a sterilised glass jar and once completely cooled store in the fridge overnight.
- The next day the chia jam will have set and is ready to use.
To safely sterilise a glass jar, clean the jar with hot soapy water, rinse, drain and place in a pre-heated oven at 120C for 10-15 minutes. CNM recommends the use of organic ingredients.