Mother’s Day Simple Breakfast in Bed
Breakfast in bed on Mother’s day? Absolutely! A delightfully simple smoothie bowl which is blood sugar friendly and loaded with antioxidants and good fats. It’s my favourite breakfast for a lazy start and perfect for a Mother’s Day “stay in bed till late” type of morning… maybe followed by a few hours in the spa afterwards.
- 200 grams Almond yogurt
- handful raw cashews pre-soaked for at least an hour is best
- 4 Brazil nuts
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 passion fruit
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- 1/2 tbsp dried goji berries
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe fig
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Cut passionfruit in half and with a spoon scoop out the flesh and seeds into a bowl. Discard the skin. Cut the fig into slices or thin wedges.
- In a blender or food processor combine the yogurt, cashews, brazil nuts, passion fruit, maca powder and cinnamon. Decant smoothie into a bowl and decorate with raspberries, fig, goji berries and desiccated coconut. The nuts can be varied to taste and also include seeds of your choice.