Olive Avocado and Artichoke Salad Bowl
- 1 whole romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 bunches cavolo nero, chopped and stalks cut
- 1 carrot, ribboned (you can use a peeler for this)
- 50 g watercress
- 2 beef tomatoes, finely sliced
- 140 g red olives, pitted
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 100 g artichoke heart
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- sunflower seeds (to serve)
- First heat the coconut oil in a shallow frying pan. Once hot, add in the cavolo nero and soften for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and then remove from the heat to cool down.
- Whilst you allow the cavolo nero to cool, place the other ingredients in a bowl and toss together or mix with a spoon. Once the cavolo nero has cooled down properly (if it's too hot it will wilt the other ingredients), add into the salad bowl and mix again. Serve up onto individual plates and enjoy!