Soba Noodle Buddha Bowl – Vegan Natural Chef
For the broth
- 1.2 litres mushroom stock
- 1 star anise
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp peeled and julienned fresh ginger
- 100 g soba noodles
- 250 g fresh chestnut and enoki mushrooms or mushrooms of your choice
For the bowl
- 75 g finely shredded red cabbage leaves
- 150 g peeled carrots
- 75 g finely shredded savoy cabbage
- 75 g sugar snap peas
- 90 g bean sprouts, washed
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 fresh chilli, cut into thin slices optional
- mixed sesame seeds
- lime wedges
- tamari soy sauce, to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the broth, except the noodles and mushrooms, into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, add the buckwheat noodles and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through.
- Divide the mixture among 4 serving bowls, discarding the cardamom pods and star anise if you prefer. Begin to add the vegetables into the broth by piling a little of each type around the outside of the bowl.
- Add a squeeze of lime to each bowl, followed by soy, the fresh coriander leaves, chilli (if using), a sprinkling of sesame seeds and a lime wedge. Serve immediately with chopsticks, a spoon to drink the broth at the end and add tamari to taste.