Spicy Mango Slaw
This spicy mango slaw is loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats and an explosion of flavour and textures. This is a great summer side dish option or makes a hearty base for a vibrant and nutritious salad.
Servings: 4 people
For the slaw
- 2 tbsp of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of toasted coconut flakes
- 1 small avocado, finely sliced
- 1 cup of red cabbage, thinly sliced,
- 1 cup of white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of cashew nut pieces
For the dressing
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1 heaped tbsp of coconut milk yoghurt
- 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- a pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Add the red cabbage, white cabbage, red onion, mint and coriander to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the dressing and stir well to coat.
- Add the sliced mango, avocado pieces and cashew nuts. Stir gently into the slaw.
- Top the slaw with the toasted coconut pieces and scatter with extra mint and coriander to garnish and extra chilli flakes if you like a bit more heat!