Spicy Mango Slaw
This spicy mango slaw is loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats and an explosion of flavour and textures. This is a great summer side dish option or makes a hearty base for a vibrant and nutritious salad.
For the slaw
- 2 tbsp of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of toasted coconut flakes
- 1 small avocado, finely sliced
- 1 cup of red cabbage, thinly sliced,
- 1 cup of white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of cashew nut pieces
For the dressing
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1 heaped tbsp of coconut milk yoghurt
- 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- a pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
Add the red cabbage, white cabbage, red onion, mint and coriander to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
Add the dressing and stir well to coat.
Add the sliced mango, avocado pieces and cashew nuts. Stir gently into the slaw.
Top the slaw with the toasted coconut pieces and scatter with extra mint and coriander to garnish and extra chilli flakes if you like a bit more heat!