The Good Grinch
This non-alcoholic cocktail not only looks the part, it supports your immune system during the festive season. It’s rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which protect cells from damage linked to chronic disease. Made with a fermented drink called kombucha, it contains prebiotics that provide fuel for the beneficial bacteria in your gut – helping support a healthy gut and immune system.
- 3 x kiwi fruit peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp matcha powder
- 15 g fresh mint leaves
- 500 ml plain kombucha
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional
- Fresh mint leaves
- Kiwi slices
- Handful of ice cubes
- Place the kiwi fruit, lime juice, mint leaves and syrup (if using) in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place a few cubs of ice in two highball glasses, pour in the puree mixture and top up with kombucha.
- Give the drink a quick stir with a spoon, garnish the top of the glass and enjoy.
Allergens: None. Source: Ylenia Margareci, Vegan Natural Chef Student This recipe can easily be doubled in quantity to serve a crowd. If using shop brought kombucha, always look for unpasteurised, free of artificial flavours and sugars and sediment in the bottom as this is a sign of living health-benefiting gut bacteria. Alternatively, use sparkling water. If you want to learn more about the nutritional benefits of fermented foods and the techniques of fermenting, take a look at CNM’s Natural and Vegan Chef Diploma Course.