Vegetable & Chickpea Curry with Cauliflower Rice
For the baked veg
- 1 aubergine
- 1 onion
- 1 red, yellow and 1 green pepper
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbs of melted coconut oil
For the spicy sauce
- 1 dessert spoon of melted coconut oil
- 100 g mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tsp of medium curry powder
- 2 chopped red or green chillies
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 150 g of cooked chickpeas
- 400 g cooked tomatoes
- 200 g spinach
For the 'rice'
- 1 cauliflower
- Dice the baked veg ingredients and put into a casserole dish with a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Bake in oven at 160c for an hour.
- Reduce heat to 140c and bake for another 30 minutes. Stir a couple of times during the process, watching it doesn’t burn.
For the sauce
- Melt a dessertspoon of coconut oil in a pan and add the mushrooms, spices, chilli and garlic.
- Cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add in the baked vegetables, chick peas and tomatoes. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the spinach, cook for a further 3 minutes before serving.
- In the meantime, make the ‘rice’ by grating a cauliflower and cooking in a little water for 5 minutes. Drain and serve with the curry.