Learn why plant-based cooking is the future of food
Do you love cooking and creating mouth-watering dishes?
Would you like to learn what foods to cook to improve your health and wellbeing?
Wish you could start your dream career in the food industry?
Why not become a Vegan Natural Chef.
Learn why plant-based cooking is the future of food and five reasons why you should consider becoming a Vegan Natural Chef in 2021.
What is a Vegan Natural Chef?
A Vegan Natural Chef cooks delicious plant-based meals with fresh, organic and minimally-processed foods that focus on nutritional value. They are trained to create healthy recipes that nourish and repair the body, and ultimately improve health.
CNM’s Vegan Natural Chef diploma course teaches students everything they need to know to become a highly skilled and successful Vegan Natural Chef, and how to build a thriving culinary career.
- How the body functions and what effect food has on the body at a cellular level, including digestion, the immune system and allergic responses.
- The basics of nutrition and how to eat for health.
- Chef techniques and kitchen skills including kitchen equipment, knife skills, food sourcing, preparation and presentation.
- How to create recipes and therapeutic menu planning (catering for special dietary requirements for conditions such as diabetes or coeliac disease).
- Working with plant-based proteins and how to create a balanced vegan diet using techniques such as dehydrating, fermenting, sprouting and juicing.
- How to build your vegan culinary career including marketing, PR and accounting.
- Industry experience to hone their skills and build a portfolio of work.
There is still time to sign up to the next Vegan Natural Chef course which starts in March. If you know someone who would love the course, you’ll be rewarded with a £250 referral fee when you recommend them. Learn more.
The health benefits of eating vegan
If done correctly, eating a vegan diet can be very beneficial for your health. A plant-based diet can:
- Optimise your nutrition as fruit and vegetables and plant-based protein (quinoa, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils) contain lots of nutrients including antioxidants to protect your cells from damage.
- Improve gut health as plant-based foods are easier to digest than animal-derived foods and they are also high in fibre which helps regulate bowel motions.
- Balance blood sugar levels due to the higher fibre content of plant-based foods. Fibre helps slow down the absorption of sugar and stabilise insulin production.
- Boost heart health and reduce weight. Eating animal proteins can negatively impact your cardiovascular health by increasing blood pressure and the build-up of fatty plaques in your arteries. A healthy, plant-based diet can lower the risk of obesity and keep weight in check.
5 reasons to become a Vegan Natural Chef
- Vegan and plant-based foods have become more popular in recent years as people want to adopt healthier diets. There is a genuine need for Vegan Natural Chefs and the demand will continue to grow as more vegan restaurants and cafes pop up and food businesses diversify their offering to cater to vegans.
- Therapeutic menu planning and catering for specific dietary needs is a specialist skill, and not one that is taught on other chef courses. This is a growing market and being a Vegan Natural Chef gives you a competitive edge.
- Improve your health and help loved ones with theirs. When you train as Vegan Natural Chef and learn how food can be used as medicine, your health will naturally improve. When you understand how the body works and how to nourish it properly, you will be able to make positive changes to your diet and lifestyle.
- Endless career opportunities – you can work in a restaurant or café, as a private chef, a recipe developer, a food writer, develop your own vegan products, run retreats or cooking workshops, collaborate with other health and wellness professionals or create a plant-based catering business.
- Plant-based cooking is the future of food as plants are more sustainable and environmentally friendly than animal-derived foods. As more people switch to vegan diets and reduce their consumption of meat and dairy products, the food industry will continue to evolve and the demand for vegan specialist cooking will only rise.
Vegan Natural Chef Success Story
“I decided to do CNM’s Vegan Natural Chef Diploma primarily to provide my family with a health promoting diet that enhances our choice to lead a plant-based lifestyle. Any reservations about studying as a mature student were soon placated through regular interactive communication that provided both a welcoming and supportive platform from which I could prepare and begin my learning journey. The lecturer’s passion, knowledge and encouragement are so inspiring and the course is fascinating. I’m gaining confidence, knowledge and skills, enabling me to undertake opportunities for recipe collaborations within a likeminded community. “
Emma Lambert – Vegan Natural Chef Student
The future of food
With the rise in demand for vegan chefs who can cook delicious, plant-based foods, now is the perfect time to train as a Vegan Natural Chef. With specialist culinary skills in nutrition, your knowledge will be sought after in the industry so there will be endless career opportunities to grow and expand your culinary career. You can also improve your own health along the way!